Skip to main content

Day 4: Namche to Phortse

Day 4 of the trek sounded a tough one covering 11km in 8 hours to reach Phortse. The paths look steep and the group are seeing yaks now as it's too high and steep for mules etc. It's getting colder at night and I think the toughest parts of the trek are to come. 
Edward's sending some photos through still so phone signal must still be good and I know they all appreciate all the support. 
Check out the contour lines on the map of today's route:
Tonight's accommodation with a view:You can see the path on this one:
Hardy travellers:
Very hardy travellers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Less than 6 months to go and we have new team members

Now that Edward and Anne have recovered from their adventure now and we are turning our attentions to the next trek. So that I'm not alone flying the flag for Bolton at Home, Owen Tomlin has been selected to join her on the trek and joining us will be our Bolton at Home colleague, Steve Roden, who has decided to join the trek off his own back as it's such an amazing challenge. Our flights are booked for March 25th 2023 and with just under 6 months to go, preparations are getting well and truly underway.  Firstly, we've updated our JustGiving page to reflect our new team and as always welcome any and all contributions. We will be updating on our fundraising activities over the coming months.  Secondly, there's a small matter of a very long trek up a very steep hill so I'm back in the gym in the morning and on the hunt for suitable walking boots.  Watch this space for more information on our new intrepid adventurers and show your support at: https://www.justgiving.com...

EveRRest 2021 - To Base Camp, not beyond!

In March 2021, we (Edward and Vicki) will be representing Bolton at Home on the EveRRest 2021 trek to Base Camp with Reuben's Retreat. Before we get there we need to raise a lot of money for this incredible charity and prepare ourselves for sleeping in sub-zero temperatures, walking 6-8 hours a day and get used to not showering. This blog will chart our preparations, our fundraising and the journey itself. The fundraising page is here:   https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/BHEveRRestBaseCampTrek . We are supporting Reuben's Retreat, a charity born out of the loss of a beautiful boy, Reuben Michael Graham in 2012 who passed away at just 23 months old. They support families who have lost a child and those who face an uncertain future due to their child living with a life threatening or life limiting condition. They are currently renovating their forever home in stages to create a holiday home from home for families to visit together and make precious memories with their children. Ev...

Fundraising preparations

Hi, Vicki here. Things have been pretty busy at work and also just with this whole global pandemic going on there is a lot of uncertainty so I wanted to give a little update on where we are up to.  I'm continuing with my marathon training despite a couple of hiccups, like it being cancelled and having a bit of a dodgy knee but I found another one to do and having some top notch advice on fixing my knee so hopefully I can still complete a marathon this year. Edward and I both live in Tier 3 areas of the UK so my plans to get some hikes in are going to be a little limited for a while and this could also scupper my marathon plans so I am turning my energies to the other, more important preparations for this trip and the reason we are doing it - raising a whole load of money for Reuben's Retreat.   Having joined the group later on than most I am quite a way behind the other fundraisers so time to have a think about how I can get support for this great charity. I'm hatching p...